Dental Implants Abington, PA
Implant Dentistry from McDowell Dental Group
During the last 20 years, dental implants have become a desirable alternative to other methods of replacing missing teeth. Excellent success rates and a range of available options give dentists a variety of new ways to treat and replace lost teeth. Missing teeth not only make people self-conscious about their smile but can cause difficulty eating/chewing their favorite foods. Dental implants provide people with the strength and stability to eat the foods they desire with ease. Replacing lost teeth with implants can restore confidence and change one’s life.
The doctors at McDowell Dental Group, in Abington, PA, use the state-of-the-art Galileos CT Cone Beam Scanner to analyze a patient’s bone structure and quality to evaluate them for treatment. The Sirona system provides a digital 3D image of the patient on the computer screen and the surgery is performed virtually for the patient to review. Then, at the time of treatment, a customized guide specific to the patient and the case assist with accurate implant placement. This allows for faster, more comfortable surgery with pinpoint accuracy in extremely difficult positions. The intricate pre-treatment planning process is how dental implants can be placed efficiently with virtually no post-op pain.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that osseointegrate with the bone of your upper or lower jaw. They function to stimulate and maintain the jawbone, preventing bone loss, and maintaining one’s facial structure. Once the healing process has occurred, the doctors at McDowell Dental Group will design a custom crown indistinguishable from the other teeth.
Benefits of dental implants include:
- Strength & Durability – because they are directly fused to your jawbone acting as a new tooth root.
- Longevity – with proper oral hygiene and care dental implants can last decades.
- Prevention of Bone Loss – with dental implants the normal resorption process that takes place when a tooth is extracted is stopped – this helps maintain the shape and structure of your jaw and helps prevent further tooth loss.
- Functionality – dental implants allow you to maintain full functionality eating and chewing normally as they are just as strong as real teeth.
- Appearance – the crown placed on top of the implant is matched in color, shape, and appearance to the rest of your teeth so no one can tell which tooth you had lost.
What our Abington Patients are saying:
“I am very impressed with McDowell Dental and all their staff. They are up-to-date on all the most current techniques and use the newest equipment. They thoroughly explain the procedures and have resolved my dental issues. They are professional but also so friendly and nice. I highly recommend them and have told several of my friends about them.” -Miriam L.