How dental bridges can put a smile on your face!
- Posted on: Apr 15 2022
Dental bridges are one of many solutions available for patients who are faced with tooth loss. Drs. Gary McDowell and Ashley McDowell have committed themselves to helping patients find out if they are viable candidate for dental bridges. Patients choose bridges over alternative options such as partial dentures and dental implants for a variety of reasons.
Below are just a few of the benefits of using dental bridges to restore the smile after tooth loss:
- Obtain a restored smile. Missing teeth can leave behind gaps and spaces in the smile that can make patients feel self-conscious about how they look when socializing with others. The dental bridge “bridges the gap” and restores the smile’s appearance.
- Maintenance of face shape. Missing teeth can change the shape of the jaw and chin area over time, but patients may choose dental bridges paired with implants to maintain natural bone and a youthful look.
- Improved speech. We use our teeth to speak clearly, so when the teeth near the front of the smile are lost, it can impact the way we talk. Filling these empty spaces with teeth can restore speech clarity.
- Avoids shifting teeth. When teeth are lost, the remaining teeth may shift out of place to compensate. The placement of a dental bridge can help the smile resist these changes and keep natural alignment as long as possible.
- Natural appearance. Because dental bridges are made with porcelain that is fabricated to match the patient’s existing teeth, they are often hard to discern from the natural teeth. Our team pays close attention to the aesthetics of dental restorations to ensure seamless integration.
- Durability. With proper care, patients can enjoy their dental bridges for a decade or longer.
- Stain resistance. Porcelain is not as porous as natural tooth enamel, which allows it to resist staining and discoloration when compared to alternative materials such as composite resin bonding.
Are you suffering from tooth loss?
Abington, PA area patients struggling with the loss of one or more teeth will want to talk to a dental professional about their options for tooth replacement, including the benefits of dental bridges. Drs. Gary McDowell and Ashley McDowell of McDowell Dental Group are here to help. Patients can call (215) 885-0555 to request an appointment with our providers, conveniently located at 1047 Old York Road.
Posted in: Dental bridges