Dental Implants in Abington & Jenkintown, PA
Dental Implants at McDowell Dental Group in Abington PA
During the last 20 years, dental implants have become a desirable alternative to other methods of replacing missing teeth such as dentures. Excellent success rates and a range of available options give dentists a variety of new ways to treat and replace lost teeth. Missing teeth not only make people self-conscious about their smile, but can cause difficulty eating/chewing their favorite foods. Dental implants provide people with the strength and stability to eat the foods they desire with ease. Replacing lost teeth with implants can restore confidence and change one’s life.
The doctors at McDowell Dental Group, in Abington and Jenkintown, PA, use the state-of-the-art Galileos CT Cone Beam Scanner to analyze a patient’s bone structure and quality to evaluate them for treatment with dental implants. The Sirona system provides a digital 3D image of the patient on the computer screen and the surgery is performed virtually for the patient to review. Then, at the time of treatment, a customized guide specific to the patient and the case assist with accurate tooth implant placement. This allows for faster, more comfortable surgery with pinpoint accuracy in extremely difficult positions. The intricate pre-treatment planning process is how dental implants can be placed efficiently with virtually no post-op pain.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that osseointegrate with the bone of your upper or lower jaw. They function to stimulate and maintain the jawbone, preventing bone loss, and maintaining one’s facial structure. Once the healing process has occurred, the doctors at McDowell Dental Group will design a custom crown indistinguishable from the other teeth. If you are interested in dental implants, call today to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of Dental Implants Include:
- Strength & Durability – Dental implants are directly fused to your jawbone acting as a new tooth root.
- Longevity – With proper oral hygiene and care, dental implants can last decades.
- Prevention of Bone Loss – With dental implants, the normal resorption process that takes place when a tooth is extracted is stopped. This helps maintain the shape and structure of your jaw and helps prevent further tooth loss.
- Functionality – Dental implants allow you to maintain full functionality, eating and chewing normally as they are just as strong as real teeth.
- Appearance – The crown placed on top of the tooth implant is matched in color, shape, and appearance to the rest of your teeth so no one can tell which tooth you had lost.
What is the Dental Implants Procedure?
- Surgically placing a titanium implant under the gum, into the bone where a tooth is missing to serve as the tooth root once restored.
- The tooth implant is placed using an individualized surgical guide fabricated from the CT scan taken at the initial consultation appointment. This assures proper orientation into the ridge of bone.
- After the tooth implant is placed, a period of 3-6 months is given to allow the bone to grow into and around the implant anchoring it to your jaw. (Osseointegration)
- A temporary tooth is provided to fill the space and to be worn over the tooth implant site (if aesthetically appropriate).
- Once the implant is stable, a short appointment is needed to take impressions for the lab to fabricate the crown and abutment.
- The final step is to insert the abutment into the tooth implant screw and cement the crown to the abutment.
Dental Implants FAQs
Who is a good candidate for a dental implants?
What is recovery like after dental implants?
How long do dental implants last?
For more information about dental implants in Abington, Jenkintown, Horsham, Willow Grove, and Philadelphia, PA call (215) 885-0555 or fill out our contact form today!
What our Abington Patients are saying:
“I am very impressed with McDowell Dental and all their staff. They are up-to-date on all the most current techniques and use the newest equipment. They thoroughly explain the procedures and have resolved my dental issues. They are professional but also so friendly and nice. I highly recommend them and have told several of my friends about them.” -Miriam L.